CTHBPA has a history of sponsoring local programs and events, including:
- Groom Elite Program: A certified educational program for stable help, teaching proper care and health of the horse as well as barn safety.
- Flu Shots: Backstretch personnel are provided shots every fall in collaboration with the County Health Department.
- Blood Pressure and Sugar Testing: Twice a month in the Race Track Kitchen, in collaboration with the Care Clinic
- Spay Today Program: Care for cats that appear in the stable area. This program is through the Briggs Animal Adoption.
- Founding contributors, with CTHBPA partners, of the Jefferson County Care Clinic.
- Founding committee member of the Charles Town Race Track Chaplaincy.
- Sponsor of the WV Breeders Classic Breakfast of Champions to raise money for designated charities.
- Host WV University School of Agriculture: Provide tours of the entire racing facility, meeting trainers, and jockeys, visiting the equine swimming pool, the Valley Equine Clinic, and a tour of local farms, followed by an evening at the races.
- The CTHBPA had the privilege of hosting the National HBPA Summer Convention, the first in the Eastern Panhandle.
Support the CTHBPA
You can help support the educational and benevolent activities in our community. CTHBPA is a 501(c)6 organization. Contributions are not tax deductible as charitable contributions, however, contributions may be deductible business expenses. You should consult your tax professional for advice before claiming any tax deduction.